Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the SIMPAS® application system?
- SIMPAS® (Smart Integrated Multi-product Prescription Application System) is the next generation of precision, prescriptive, in-furrow application equipment. Dispensing products from SmartCartridge® containers, SIMPAS enables farmers to prescriptively apply multiple liquid and granular products simultaneously at planting. It will be broadly licensed and used to apply a wide variety of product categories, including insecticides, nematicides, micronutrients and biological products - allowing farmers to apply only what's prescribed, precisely where it's needed.
- How does SIMPAS work?
- In alignment with the prescriptions developed by trusted advisors for each farmer’s field, SIMPAS software controls the application rate of each product through a patented metering system – similar to a printer’s inkjet cartridge – only applying what you need, where you need it.Explore Equipment
- What is SmartCartridge® container technology?
- Self-contained, closed delivery SmartCartridge containers use RFID-based Smart Tag™ technology to track product and rate information to continuously record the quantity of product dispensed and remaining in the container. This technology enables farmers to pay only for as-applied acres and allows farmers to switch containers when it is most convenient (during stops to refill fuel, seed, fertilizer) rather than running each container to empty.Explore Equipment
- Will SIMPAS work on all planters?
- Planter-specific brackets are available to fit almost any brand and model of planter. The intuitive user interface is ISO-based for compatibility with any tractor.Explore Equipment
- How much does SIMPAS equipment cost?
- The system price is determined by the Trimble® Dealer, based on your specific needs. Use our calculator to estimate the corresponding yield increases that will provide a return on your investment in SIMPAS. Estimate Equipment Costs
- How do I get a quote, buy a system and coordinate the installation?
- SIMPAS application systems are sold and serviced by Trimble. Trimble's network of participating dealers work with farmers to provide system-specific quotes and manage the sale, installation and support of the equipment.Find a Dealer
- What are SIMPAS-applied Solutions?
- SIMPAS-applied Solutions™ are proven, reliable crop inputs made available in SmartCartridge containers for prescriptive, in-furrow applications to address unmet or under-satisfied agronomic needs.
- Who provides the prescription for SIMPAS-applied Solutions?
- Prescriptions for SIMPAS-applied Solutions are developed by your retailer, agronomist or other trusted advisor. The prescription is then easily uploaded into the ISO-based display that controls the SIMPAS system.Explore Solutions
- Can SIMPAS only be used with AMVAC® products?
- While SIMPAS and SmartCartridge container technology has been developed and patented by AMVAC®, the technology will be broadly licensed to additional product manufacturers.Explore Solutions
- How will SIMPAS-applied Solutions be distributed?
- SIMPAS-applied Solutions will be sold by licensed crop input retailers (SaS™ Retail Agents.)Find a Provider
- Are SIMPAS-applied Solutions products more expensive than standard inputs?
- SIMPAS-applied Solutions provide the most cost-efficient way to maximize your yield. Use our calculator to see the annual net value of using a SIMPAS-applied Solutions approach vs. a non-prescriptive application. See the Annual Net Value
See our resources page or contact us for more information.